No Heating Cable Required
System B uses a pressurized Air Tank to purge water from the supply line below ice level. It does not require the use of a short piece of Heating Cable at the water source.
Ideal for Solar or Off-Grid Cottages
Since there is no heating cable required, this system is a good choice for cottages that are off-the-grid.
We have over 20 years experience specializing in cottage water systems with customers throughout Canada and the U.S.
Our self-draining systems use patented, specially-designed valves to automatically drain the supply line, keeping the line from freezing during the winter.
How Does Self-Draining System B Work?
- The Submersible Pump turns on and pushes water up to the cottage.
- Air from the empty Supply Line escapes through the Self-Draining Air Valve into the Air Tank. The Pressure Tank fills with water.
- Once the Pressure Tank is full of water, the Pump shuts off and the Supply Line automatically drains back to the lake.
- The pressurized Air Tank purges the Supply Line below ice level. Because the line remains empty it does not need to be protected from freezing.
A Complete System Package Includes**:
Goulds CS Series stainless steel or Pompco ST stainless steel
Water Pressure Tank
Goulds HydroPro Series
Self-Draining Valve Kit Assembly
Cottage Water Supply patented valves
Tank Tee Assembly
Customized and fully assembled. Brass, stainless steel and copper fittings.
Pressurized air tank to purge the supply line below ice level.
1″ heavy duty 100 PSI CSA poly pipe
#12 or #10 pump cable
Cottage Water Supply custom-designed submersible pump stand.
Hot-dip galvanized steel with PVC sleeve.
- Constant slope from the cottage to the water source — no dips or valleys
- Minimum rise:run of 1:10
- Minimum water depth of 7’ for placement of the pump in the lake
Does your cottage have different requirements?
We can always find a custom solution for you. Give us a call: 416-255-8087
**Systems are customized. Actual components may vary.