ONE WEEK STORE CLOSURE
Cottage Water Supply will be closed from Monday Dec. 9 to Friday Dec. 13. We will re-open on Monday Dec. 16.
Winter Water Systems
Cottage Water Supply specializes in winterized cottage water systems.
Our water systems use specially-designed valves to automatically drain
your supply line whenever your pump stops, keeping your supply line
from freezing in winter.
Our patented Self-Draining System can be used in lake, river, or deep
Patents: 5,915,405 June 29, 1999; 5,803,111 Sept. 8, 1998; Canadian
Patents: 2,174,148 Aug. 14, 2001; 2,196,486 Aug. 24, 1999)
Cottage Water Supply also carries a complete line of pumps, tanks,
heating cables, filters and UV sterilizers.
The most energy-efficient winter water system on the market. Call us for more details: (416) 255-8087
Cottage Water Supply is a
Goulds Water Technology Professional Dealer
Advantages of Our System
- Self-Draining -- Specially-designed valves quickly drain water from
the supply line.
- Ideal for solar or generator use because electrical power is not
required 24 hours a day.
- Converts to non-self-draining for summer use in minutes by closing
- Lines do not have to be buried.
- Water does not drain back through the pump.
- No time wasted for seasonal draining or priming. The self-draining
system is therefore a good choice even for people who use the cottage
only in the summer.
- A submersible pump system will provide you with much higher water
- Anyone who is handy can install.
- The most energy efficient system.
Disadvantages of Other Systems
Heated Supply Lines
- Expensive to install and high energy costs.
- Possible power failure can result in damaged lines.
Other Gravity Drainback Systems
- Water drains back through the actual pump. Pump manufacturers warn
against such a system because it causes the pump to spin in reverse
several times the designed speed and if the pump motor starts while
water is draining back, the pump shaft can break. Since a standard
40-gallon pressure tank only provides 4 gallons of water between the
starting and stopping of the pump, the odds of the shaft breaking
are relatively high.
- Some gravity drainback systems drain through a small 1/8" hole
that is drilled in the upper body of the pump. This is inefficient
because about 3 gallons of water are lost every minute that the pump
is working. But the biggest problem is that such a small hole can
easily clog causing the supply line to freeze.
Click for more information on our Self-Draining Systems:
For quick and accurate estimates and product information please give
us a call
To provide an estimate for a self-draining water system the following
basic information is required:
- distance from the water pressure tank to the water's edge;
- approximate height above the lake/river level to the pressure tank;
- distance from the water's edge to where the water depth is about
3 ft. (to estimate the length of the heating cable);
- number of bathrooms.
Cottage Water Supply Inc.
641B The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario M8Y 1K6
(see map for business location)
Winter Hours: Mon 10-6 Tue 10-4
Wed 10-6 Thu 10-8 Fri 10-4
Tel: (416) 255-8087
Fax: (416) 255-1049